Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our New Apartment!

So when I got back from my trip to Idaho, Rico had the best surprise waiting for me..... He had us all moved into a new apartment!!! I don't know how he did it and I was shocked but somehow he managed to pack up our old apartment and move all of our stuff into our new place all while working at his practicum. I don't think he got much sleep that week. It was the best surprise ever. We have been in our new apartment now for about a month and a half and we are absolutely LOVING it! It is so much bigger and open and nicer than our last apartment. It is definetly a step up for us. I know our families want to see pictures so I am finally getting around to posting some. These are the pictures I have on my camera. I don't have any of the boys room on my camera and they are in there sleeping right now so I will have to post some pictures later because I think it turned out really cute.


I know this picture is really fuzzy and hard to read but it is a picture of the layout of our apartment.


Our living room.

Another view of Our living room / dining room. One fact about our new apartment is that it is on the third floor which is also the top floor. Pros to this would be: really high ceilings, no loud neighbors above us, and no wall separating our living room and dining room which makes it seem really big and open. Cons to this would be: stairs, stairs, and more stairs. We have to haul our kids, strollers, our groceries and pretty much everything up three flights of stairs. A little exercise never killed anyone though right.

My new big beautiful kitchen. I love this kitchen. It is my favorite thing about the apartment next to my washer and dryer. I have so much more storage space and counter space than my last apartment. I love the island in the middle and I love the built in computer desk next to the oven and microwave. I love this kitchen!


And then the very best thing about our new apartment and the main reason why we moved:


TA DA!!! Our very own washer and dryer!!!! They are right in our apartment, they are free, and I can use them any time I want. No more hauling all of our clothes over to the laundry mat every week and scrambling for quarters everywhere because it costs a dollar to wash and a dollar to dry. I used to hate laundry day and now I love it. I get excited every time I have enough dirty clothes to run a load. It is so fun and has made my life a lot easier!


This is why it took me so long to unpack everything. This kid is EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING. It really is almost impossible to get anything done with him around. I still love him though.


The night I got home from Idaho and after the shock had worn off of the new apartment, Rico planned to have our good friends come over and bring some sparkling cider so that we could toast in our new apartment. Fun times and a great ending to a great surprise!

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Now that's an awesome surprise!! to bad you don't live closer to me, if you love laundry day that much...I'd bring over mine ;)

Grant and Teresa said...

I love the picture of us toasting your new apartment! I also love the beautiful flower arrangement on your dining room table! Who was the amazing designer who created that work of art! Even though I have seen your apartment a bunch, it looks great in all the pictures! So much easier to keep things organized with kids in bed!

Delia D'Nell said...

The new apartment is adorable! Hopefully I will get invited over next time I am in AZ.

Lisa said...

Your new apartment looks great! I am excited to come see it! You decorated it so cute! Love ya!

Ashley said...

How fabulous! Man, your apartment looks so great and spacious, that's just great!

crystal carlson said...

Your new apartments is awesome! I am definitely jealous of your huge kitchen & it's always so nice to have your own washer & dryer! I'm glad you guys are enjoying your new place!

hatchbatch00.blogspot.com said...

I bet you guys are in heaven! And... i just got extremely jealous of you! It looks like it is so nice, and I couldn't agree more about the washer and dryer being the best part! How fun for you!

Summers Family said...

Collette, good thing I glanced at my feed line. I had no idea you had found our blog! I'm glad you did. It is fun to see where your family is at now. Two little boys! That must keep you busy. Congrats on the apartment! It is definately nice to have space!

krick said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Going without a washer and dryer is A HUGE PAIN! And that kitchen is awesome. Good move!