Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Tyler!!

Yesterday was Tylers birthday and I can't believe I have a four year old!! He is getting so old! Tyler loves birthdays! He has been asking about his own birthday on a weekly basis for pretty much the past year ever since he turned three. Since he had waited so long and birthdays only come once a year we wanted to make his birthday really special for him. So this was the first year that Tyler got to have a friend party. And then Tyler insisted that he have his party at Chuck E. Cheese so that is what we did. His actual b-day fell on Memorial day so we had his party a few days early.

An action shot of some of the group at the party

Tyler opening his presents. It's funny how all the kids always crowd around because they are so excited to see what he got.

Tyler is completely obsessed with Iron Man so we got him an Iron Man cake, which he loved. Here he is getting ready to blow out the candles

Logi enjoyed all the excitement and especially loved the cake.

Tyler and all his friends at his party. Three are missing who either didn't want to be in the picture or who had to leave early. They are all friends from the ward.


This one is for you D'Nell. Tyler and his good buddy David playing a game.

Tyler coming down the slide. He was loving being at Chuck E. Cheese with all his friends.

Logan and Chuck E. going for a ride in his car.

Tyler had some very generous friends and came home with so many nice toys. He was very excited. Of course when you ask him what his favorite part about his birthday was he says "opening his presents."

His actual birthday

I try and decorate the apartment with crepe paper and balloons whenever it is someones birthday. I hung these streamers from the boys door because I knew the boys would think it would be fun to run through them in the morning when they woke up. They loved it more than I even thought they would!! They kept running through it all day saying it was a car wash. :)

Tyler opening his present from us. We got him a space shuttle/space station toy that he has had his eye on for months.

He loved it and was very excited.

Tyler wasn't very happy about Logan playing with his new toy so Logan settled for the box.

Tyler and Logan both love airplanes. So one thing we like to do for their b-days is pick up some doughnuts and chocolate milk and drive to the airport and park on the top level of the parking garage and watch all the airplanes takeoff and land while we eat our breakfast. The boys always love this and have so much fun seeing all the airplanes.

They decided they could get a better view sitting on top of the car.

I made Tyler another cake for his real b-day. So that night he got to blow out his candles again. His birthday seemed a little exhausting to me, probably because it was drawn out over a few days between his party and his actual birthday. But it was a success and Tyler loved every bit of it and that is what matters. We're glad he had a good birthday. Happy Birthday Tyler!!!

4 comments:

crystal carlson said...

What a fun birthday! Looks like he had so much fun & got some awesome presents! He's lucky to have such awesome parents to make it so special for him :)

Lisa said...

My husband has the same b-day as Tyler's. I'm sure Tyler will remember his Chuck E. Cheese party for a long time. What a fun breakfast tradition you have of going to watch the airplanes. I bet my boys would love doing that too. I'm gonna try it sometime ;)

Delia D'Nell said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I wish I could have gone to the party. Joe told me that David would NOT stop asking when they could go to the party. So much that it was driving him nuts! Tyler is such a cutie!

Chance and Beth said...

That is so sweet. You can really see how happy those boys are! Love how happy streamers made them too!! So fun