Well we had a pretty busy and fun easter weekend. We started the celebration on Friday night by going to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. It was our second time seeing it and once again we were very impressed. They do a great job. It is the biggest outdoor easter pageant in the nation. It is very cool!
On Saturday morning we took Tyler to an Easter egg hunt at Midwestern University (one of the colleges here in Phoenix). It doesn't rain very often here in the desert but it did on Saturday and it rained hard so the hunt got moved indoors and it was very very crowded. They divided it up by age groups. Tyler was in the 0-3 group. They made all the kids line up along the outside edge of the wall and then they yelled go. This was the first time Tyler had really competed against kids his own age and I have never seen Rick so anxious. If you know Rick very well you know that he tends to be a wee bit competitive about things. It makes me a little nervous for when the kids get older and involved in more activities. I guess we will see what happens. Tyler did really good though and ended up getting quite a few eggs.
Of course you can't have a good egg hunt without an appearance from the easter bunny
I wasn't sure how Tyler would react to the big furry easter bunny, but surprisingly he was very excited. He went right up to him in his face and yelled "hi easter bunny" then he climbed up on his lap. I put Logan next to him and snapped the picture. Tyler is smiling behind his hands. I think he was so excited he could hardly contain himself.
The easter bunny was supposed to be just for the kids but then at the last minute Rick couldn't resist jumping in to get his picture taken with the easter bunny too. As you can see from the picture he is pretty excited about it.
That night we colored easter eggs. Tyler took it very serious this year.
Also on a side note, Saturday night we had the missionaries over for dinner. They arrived about a half hour early so dinner wasn't quite ready yet. Well I thought Rick was out in the living room just talking to them while I was in the kitchen but when I peeked around the corner this is what I saw.
A little F.Y.I. I always tease Rick that he is like Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite. Living in the past and glorying in all his old sports victories. He has all his old high school tapes of every game of every sport he ever played. He has them memorized and occasionally I will randomly catch him watching them. Telling me that if coach would have put him in the fourth quarter they would have won state :) Anyway this is where the nickname Rico comes from.
After dinner the missionaries had some time before their first appointment of the night so the next thing I know Rick and the missionaries are challenging each other to a game of chess
3 comments:
The Easter celebration at the Temple looked AWESOME! What a wondeful way to celebrate Easter. Your kids looked so cute, and so excited. And oh my heavens, I can't quit laughing about your husband being Rico! HAHAHA! That's way too awesome! Oh, and as always, you look good in that first pic, really good!
Collette~ you are the BEST!!! I feel like was with you for Easter weekend. You two are making wonderful memories for those awesome lil boys. I am so glad that Ricky continues to watch his tapes- maybe he will finally realize that he wrestled like crap at the Watkins Glen. I love you guys! Miss you guys and wish I could be there with you! Love you, Vonnie
The Easter pageant sounds really cool! I loved the pictures of the kids at the Easter egg hunt & with the Easter bunny! The uncle Rico story is hilarious and I could totally see Danny doing the same thing to the missionaries! BTW, we definitely need to get together with everyone when you come visit!
Post a Comment