Sunday, May 16, 2010

Trip to Idaho

We just got back from visiting Grandma and Grandpa up in Idaho last week. The boys and I flew out early and then Rick joined us a few days later. The kids always get so excited to go to Grandma's house. When we got there Grandma had all kinds of surprises waiting for them.

The first surprise was a new toy box filled with new toys. They thought that was great. They loved the box almost just as much as all the new toys inside.


My kids LOVE Toy Story so Tyler's favorite new toy was a Buzz Lightyear. Logan actually loves Buzz too but Tyler was quite possessive of Buzz and would freak out if any one else tried to play with him, so Logi usually settled for Woody.


Tyler loves his Grandma


The boys trying on some of Grandpas cowboy hats.


Tyler and Grandma dancing to their special song. They have been dancing together to the same song ever since he was a little baby.


The second surprise was a new power wheels. The boys thought they were pretty cool cruising around in their own little truck. Tyler actually drove the thing pretty well, like he had been driving for years.


The boys and their cousin Abby cruising around the yard. I guess since Logan is the youngest he got stuck riding in the back.


All the boys love going for rides on the four wheeler.



Then Tyler and Logan decided it would be cool to ride their own so that is what they did


The boys setting out for a big adventure


The third surprise was a new tree house/ swing set. They had a lot of fun on this especially the slide.


Logan, Tyler, and their cousin Abby


Tyler getting ready to go down the slide


Logi getting ready to go down the slide. Can you tell he is excited?

Of course they always love the trampoline.


Rick trying to teach Logan while he is young, how to be a star baseball player. Rick has high hopes of Logan being a star left-handed pitcher someday.


Tyler relaxing with Grandma on the swing. He was a little sad that day because that was the day we had to leave.


Needless to say the boys loved visiting grandma and grandpas house. We were worried we were not going to be able to get them to leave. Ever since we have gotten back Tyler keeps bringing me pieces of paper telling me that it is a plane ticket and that he is going back to Grandmas house. :)

6 comments:

Linsey said...

How fun to go to grandmas! I am jealous already and I haven't even moved yet!

Ashley said...

That's so cute collette! I love that they dance to the same song. That is the SWEETEST thing ever. What a fun fun vaca!

holly said...

Very cute. I loved the pictures and I am so impressed with your mom. Still being up and Grandma she is amazing! I want to know who put together the slide and playset outside cause that is a huge stretch for me to see Kent out there. And where are the pictures with Grandpa?! Glad you were able to be home, hope your pregnancy is going well. Thanks for posting all those cute pictures!

crystal carlson said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! What fun surprises too--I loved the Thomas toy box! Your boys are so cute & growing-up so fast! Can't wait to see what your next cute boy will look like!

Tanya said...

those are some of the cutest pictures!!! I love the one of Tyler and your mom dancing, and the one of Rick on the fourwheeler with then driving next to him! So cute! If I would've known you were down I would have stopped by to say hi!

Chance and Beth said...

So fun. You're a brave woman to take TWO kids through the airport alone! Whew. It's fun to see little glimpses of your parents house and the neighboorhood. Brings back some fun memories!