That little piece of paper Rick is holding might not look like much, but it means BIG changes for our family!!!
That paper is the official acceptance letter to a doctoral level internship program located in..........(drumroll)...............OHIO. That means this summer we will be packing up and moving to Ohio! We have been anticipating match day through all the years of grad school. When it came time to apply for internships we sent in over a dozen applications, then Rick flew all over the country interviewing at different sites. We then ranked our top choices for sites and the different sites ranked their top choices for interns and then the computer matches us. We are so relieved and excited that we matched (there were over 1000 doctoral level students nationwide who didn't match) but also so very sad to have to leave our ward and all our great friends. We sure have loved every second of being in Phoenix! But we are excited to take this last step in Ricks schooling and start a new chapter for our family. Ohio here we come!
5 comments:
Congrats! i'm happy for the new changes that are coming for your family, but at the same time i feel sad that you are moving :(
SWEET! What part of Ohio--that would be awesome if it was by us!
Congrats Collette! How exciting! Hope you are enjoying all of your new adventures!!
Doesn't it snow there? Your boys will love that. Your dad is going to have to go far and wide to see you and Jill now! I'm happy for you guys!
Congratulations! I would have been more excited if it was Nebraska! I have been horrible about keeping up on posts but have loved looking through your posts and seeing how much your little guys are growing up! They are pretty adorable! I don't think you have to drive through Omaha to get to Ohio, but IF you do, you can always stay with us! I tried to call you a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance since, but I would love to chat so if you ever get a minute feel free to call!
Post a Comment