Saturday, May 16, 2009

Father and Son Camp Out

After weeks and weeks of excitement the father and son camp out was finally here. Tyler could hardly contain himself. He was so excited packing up all the camping gear and wanted to make sure that we remembered to bring the hot dog sticks and his camping chair. He wasn't as concerned about the tent or the sleeping bags or even the actual hot dogs but he sure wanted to make sure the sticks and his chair made it into the car. You gotta love two year olds.:) This was Rick and Tylers first year going together. I think they were both pretty excited and I think they both had a great time. Rick says there is just something special about a group of men sitting around a camp fire together. I guess I wouldn't understand then. Anyway here are a few pictures from the adventure. Some of the pictures have little spots all over them and I am not sure why but they are the best we have.

All packed up and getting ready to head out to the camp out. Tyler insisted on holding the hot dog sticks all the way up there.

Rick and Tyler getting their camp all set up.


Rick and Tyler cooking their hot dogs for dinner. Tyler kept wanting to roast hot dog after hot dog until the whole package was gone. Too bad he didn't want to eat any of them.

Rick and Tyler getting ready for some storytelling around the fire. I just laugh at Tylers face. He looks like the whole thing is such a drag. He really is excited to be there.

Rick and Tyler after a long night sitting by the fire trying to get warm.


Here is a picture of Tyler and his little buddy from the ward Andon hanging out in their little camp chairs.


Another picture of Tyler and Andon. This might be the only time that you will see someone with a Yankee hat and someone with a Boston hat giving each other a hug. I thought it was a really cute picture.


When they got home I asked Tyler how it was and he just kept telling me three things. 1)It was cold 2)The campfire hurt his eyes. and 3)Dada went pee pee in the trees. I asked Rick about it and he just laughed and admitted that all those things were true. Enough said.


4 comments:

crystal carlson said...

That is so much fun! How exciting for Tyler to go camping with his daddy! The pictures were so cute and it was fun to see them! I hope Danny gets to take Jace on a father & son camp out soon, he would love it!

Kyle and Shara Gibson said...

It looks like they had a ball. Our father and sons was this past weekend too, but Kyle had to work. He would have loved to take Josh and Josh would have loved it! It is probably good that they didn't go because rumor has it that there was frost and it was really cold. Gotta love Idaho!!

The J's said...

Hi Collette, this is your cousin Jessica, Jack's daughter. Your kids are adorable and those camping pictures are just too cute. I think Tyler and my son are around the same age. Mine turns 3 in August. It looks like you have a really nice little family and a great blog.

Ashley said...

That's so fun. There is something very cute about those father son campouts. Maybe one day caleb will get that chance. Maybe...
I love how Tyler always has a serious look on his face. It's so funny!