Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A NEW Movie Night

Allright, I had several people comment on our last movie night ,and we have done several since, but the one that we did last night had a new twist on it. We did a real life pretend campout. Rick and Tyler actually set up a tent in our living room. I'm talking they moved furniture, rearranged tables and made room for Ricks little two man pop up tent. They had flashlights, sleeping bags, and ate ice cream. Tyler LOVED it. Rick got the idea because he is planning on taking Tyler on the father and sons campout next week and wanted to do a trial run. It was considered a success except for the fact that throughout the course of the night Tyler kept shining the flashlight in Ricks eyes about every 5 minutes. So once again I heard Rick sternly giving Tyler the ultimatum of keeping the flash light off or else he was going to have to go sleep in his own bed.:) That works every time. They both had a lot of fun.
Rick and Tyler getting their sleeping bags situated for the pretend campout

Tyler loved being in the tent and wouldn't let the flashlight out of his sight.

The boys eating ice cream.

Rick and Tyler enjoying movie night by watching Madagascar 2.

5 comments:

Kyle and Shara Gibson said...

I love it!! It is such a great idea! Josh would love to do that. We might have to try it.

Tanya said...

That is so cute!! what a good and fun dad!!!

Ashley said...

Oh my heavens Collette! How fun. I love these ideas. He's going to grow up with some AWESOME memories!

crystal carlson said...

What a fun idea! It would be fun to do when it's too cold outside for a real campout!

Jen and Cody said...

So cute! You and your husband are so fun. Your boys are so lucky to have such great parents!