Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July!

The Fourth of July. When I was living in Idaho it was always one of the highlights of the summer but I have to say that is not the case here in Phoenix. It was so stinkin hot here, 108 degrees hot, but we tried our best to make our day fun. We did the traditional BBQ and then we rode the light rail downtown to the firework show. Even though we did have a good time I would have to say that the fireworks show in IF is better and there is just a better atmosphere in IF. Anyway here are some pictures of our day.

The night before the fourth we lit a few fireworks in our parking lot. Tyler doesn't think they are fireworks unless they go up in the sky. So he was a little disappointed with our pop-its, spinning flowers, and sparklers.

Rick and Tyler braved the heat and BBQ'd some hamburgers and hotdogs for us.

Tyler loves to be the one to throw the hotdogs up on the grill.

Tyler and Logan at the fireworks that night. Tyler looks like he is up to something and Logan looks terrified. I don't know what was going on. They did look cute in their matching red, white, and blue polos though.

Our family at the fireworks show. Rick talked one of the vendors into giving Tyler two of those light sabers for a "real deal". Tyler loved them.

Us on our trip home. It had been a long, hot day and we were exhausted. But glad we went.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Idaho will always have the best firework show...every time we've been away for the 4th it's just not the same. You gotta love Idaho.

Kyle and Shara Gibson said...

I love it. We were in Idaho Falls and it was great. Looks like you still had fun. Your boys are adorable!!

crystal carlson said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time, even if it was so hot! I'm with you about I.F. though--they definitely have the best fireworks! I sure missed them this year too :(