Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trying to SURVIVE Summer!

Summertime in Phoenix is just about trying to endure the heat. We try and find things to do at home indoors or places to go with A/C. We've done lots of playgroups at peoples houses, mall playgrounds, $1 kid movies at the theatre, childrens museum, ChuckECheese, swimming, or even just roaming Super Target. Anything we can think of to keep our sanity. Here are just some random pictures that we have taken so far this summer.

We had to bring the carseats inside one day and the boys thought that was the coolest thing ever. They were climbing all over them acting like they had never seen them before.

Logan at one of the mall playgrounds. I just love that little face.

Tyler and Logan fishing one morning. I guess they were trying to catch themselves something to eat for breakfast.

Tyler will randomly put on his hard hat, grab his tools and tell us that something needs fixed. This day it happened to be his car that needed fixed. Logan gets the pleasure of being Tylers little sidekick. I'm not sure who enjoys that more, Tyler or Logan.

Tyler and Logans little hangout is in our closet. They love to pull all our shoes off the shoe racks and play in this little room. They think they are hilarious in there all by themselves with the door shut. I guess they think they are being sneaky.

Tyler and his little buddy David at the movie theater. They have $1 kid movies every morning. Tyler loved it! He keeps asking to go back. Ever since Tyler has gotten home from the movies he keeps telling us how little our TV is.

We braved the heat for about 10 minutes because Tyler was so excited about flying a kite. We kept telling him not to let go of the string. He thought about that for a minute and then he told us with an excited look on his face that if he did let go then an airplane could help us get it. If only it were that easy.

Tyler tends to freak out every time I even mention the word vacuum. The only place Tyler feels safe from the vacuum is in Logans crib, I guess because he is all caged in and up off the floor. Anyway I'll put some books and toys up there and they really have a good time playing in there. Tyler will start jumping up and down and Logan thinks that is hilarious. It is always nice to hear them laughing and playing together instead of screaming and yelling at each other.

Our friend Melissa moved down here to Phoenix which has been so fun. Rick drove her moving truck down here and we let Tyler go for a ride in it. He was so excited because he is such a boy and he loves TRUCKS. He just kept saying that he was riding in Mack (off of the movie Cars.)

We got the boys this little pop up barn and Tyler insists that we turn our living room into a farm almost everyday. There is a little stall off to the side that Tyler thinks is his garage. He always parks his car in there.

Tyler and Logan playing in the giant box that this came in:

My new digital piano. Woohoo! I am so excited about this that I am losing sleep over it. The only problem I have now is that everytime I sit down I expect to play a solo and I always end up playing a trio before the song is over. If I even play one note my boys come rushing over and want to join in. Hopefully when the newness of it wears off they won't be as drawn to it. I'm still having a lot of fun with it though.

Ricks dad came out to visit last week which was a lot of fun for all of us. The boys loved having Grandpa around. As much fun as Grandpa had he did say that he would not be visiting us again in the summertime. I can't say that I blame him when temps soared around 114 while he was here. Here is a picture of them swimming. Ricks dad thought the pool felt like bath water. And I must say it was probably the warmest pool I had ever been in.



And that is a little look at our summer so far.

7 comments:

The J's said...

so cute! i hear ya with the heat. our highest has only been 105 but that is still extremely hot for a little guy. they are just so precious!

Chance and Beth said...

Oh my goodness, so much to say! Yours are some of the cutest little boys I have ever seen!!
I love the excitement over the car seats. Bailey is the same way, sees it everyday, but when she gets to play in it, Heaven! And oh my, the little tool belt fixer uper. How fun to have two, well three handy men around the house! I love the obsession with the shoes and closet. And what a great get away, $1 movies, awesome! Thankfully Bailey isn't afraid of the vaccum, she just growls back and thinks its pretty funny. I love that he's safe with his brother though! Love the farm, congrats on the piano! So fun!
Oh and Im glad to know that Bai and Logan have similar schedules so I can feel like i'm not totally screwing her up!!
Love the pics! (whew)

Delia D'Nell said...

Who is that hansome David...I bet he has an equally beautiful Aunt! Looks like your kids are having the best summer ever. So cute! When are you coming to Utah again?

crystal carlson said...

That stinks that it's so hot there! That's fun that you've found so many things to do--looks like a lot of fun! Your boys are so cute and sounds like they play pretty well together! It this friend Melissa perhaps the Melissa I know??? I've been wondering what she's been up to, so that would be awesome if it was her!

Annie Bingham said...

Collette, it's funny how I relate to what you post, except I'm not frying like bacon. My kids don't let me play my new piano either! Rotten kids! And we are both majorly outnumbered by boys! It's entertaining though. Tyler sounds like a thinker, he and Garrett would get along. Garrett's deep thought came after watching Horton. He asked me if an elephant was carrying us around on a speck.

Ashley said...

Holy cow, I can't even imagine that kind of heat! But I complain about the weather no matter what it is. Too hot, too cold, TOO WINDY!
By the way, is Melissa the same Melissa I know? Haven't seen or talked to her in a while!
Your boys are always so cute, and your such an awesome mom to do fun things with them to help them brave the heat of the summer too.

Jen and Cody said...

I guess that I shouldn't complain about the heat hear anymore, I can't even imagine how hot AZ is! Your boys are cute as always. It is so much fun watching them grow!