5 years ago today here we were
I can't believe how young we look in this picture! And I can't believe it has already been five years! I'll be the first to admit that we have had our ups and downs but through it all we've grown closer together. The longer I am married to Rick the more I realize what a good match he is for me. He helps point out my strengths and helps me work on my weaknesses. He is always trying to make me happy and do what is best for me and our family. I really am a lucky girl to have him. Here are a few things, both good and bad, that I have learned about Rick over the years that we have been married
1) He's cool and he knows it. Lets just say he is confident. What a stud!
2) He is just like uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite. Living in the past, glorying in all his old sports victories. He really was a good athlete in high school and he has shown me all the tapes to prove it. :)
3) He is such a good dad to our boys!
He is always creating such fun memories with the kids

Rick is just a big kid at heart and the boys absolutely love it. Daddy is the one that plays wild and crazy with them, always wrestling with them and being loud. The boys can't get enough of him.
4) He's a HUGE New York Giants Fan! I've learned that if he is watching the Giants on TV it's best to just leave him alone. :)
5) He looks really creepy and gross with a mustache. He grew it as a joke for his brothers wedding and I couldn't wait to see it go.
6) He works really hard for our family. A full time husband and father as well as a full time student in a very demanding program and he even works part time for a psychologist on the side. He does it all for us and I know that when he graduates he is going to be a really great psychologist.
And here we are now
Rick always jokes that five years of marriage and two kids equals high blood pressure.:) Well after 5 years he doesn't have high blood pressure but we do have a happy family with a lot of good memories to show for it. Five years down and eternity to go.:) I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. Love you Rico!
4 comments:
Oh my what a cute post! And a cute family. I'm so happy for you. I hope we can get together, on the 28th or 29th. looks like i'll probably miss Crystal though... Can't wait to see you!
Haha, I love it. The mustache is great! hahaha, still laughing at that one.
Caleb and Rick would get along perfectly considering the whole NY thing!
Congrats on 5 years, and yes that's get together on the 28th or 29th.
That was really cute! Don't you love the quarky things you learn about your husband AFTER you are married! Even after six years for me I still seem to find out random things about him! I am sad I won't be able to see you all! Have fun and tell everyone hi for me!
Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our 5 also at the end of december. I still think you guys look the same :)
Post a Comment