Well, I know that Thanksgiving seems like forever ago but I am just barely getting around to blogging about it. We had a good thanksgiving this year. We were supposed to be spending Thanksgiving in Arizona by ourselves, at least that is what everyone thought, but Rick and I pulled off the ultimate surprise when we showed up at my parents house Thanksgiving morning. We drove all night on Wednesday and then rang the doorbell at my parents house Thanksgiving morning. Everyone was shocked and excited. It was a quick trip with a lot of driving but we had a great time and we were glad we were able to spend the holiday with family.
Tyler waiting patiently at the table for the Thanksgiving dinner. I have no idea why he has his hand in his water. And sadly this is the only picture I have of Thanksgiving day.But we did lots of fun things while we were in Idaho

We got to meet our new little nephew Ben. He was very cute and my boys just couldn't get enough of him, especially Logan. We had to keep him from poking poor little Ben's eyes out.
We went bowling and had a good time. Rick is still a little bitter because my dad beat him by two pins. If you don't know Rick very well just trust me when I tell you that he is very competitive. :)
And then of course we went on the annual Gauchay Christmas tree hunt. It's a tradition the day after Thanksgiving to go in the mountains and cut down our Christmas trees. Here is a picture of some of the fam in front of our tree that we were about to cut down.
Rick and Tyler cutting the tree down. We strapped it to the top of our rental car and then hauled it all the way back to Arizona. It is so fun to have a tree in our apartment and gets the boys really excited for Christmas.
Tyler wanted a little tree for his room so he and Rick cut down a piece of Sagebrush for him to take home.
When we got home we put our tree up and decorated it
6 comments:
I bet your parents were so surprised you guys showed up! how fun. we had a Christmas tree fall over on us once it was funny but I was so mad cause it got tree sap on my microfiber couches and it would not come out, we still laugh about it though cause it scared chloe (she was sitting on the couch it fell on) sounds like you guys had a fun time =)
That's such a great surprise! I love that you took your tree all the way home with you!!! SO FUN!
Oh what a fun surprise! I am shocked that the tree made it all the way back. Awesome! I love that the tree fell over! I can just see that happening to me! So looking forward to seeing you over Christmas! We'll be around from the 24th till the 2nd or so. We really need to plan a big get together!!
Cute pictures! Your suprise visit on Thanksgiving will be talked about for years! That was great! Love ya!
I love the sagebrush tree! That is the sweetest thing ever.
Hey, I just found your blog along with everyone else's! I don't think I have met your little boys! They are way cute! Guess what though, we are moving to Glendale, AZ in May! What part of Phenoix do you live in? That would be so much fun if we lived close! We totally have to get back in touch!
Post a Comment