Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One Long Month

Well, it has been so long since I have blogged I don't even know where to start. The past month has been a bit overwhelming with a lot going on. Obviously the first thing to happen was Carson being born. Adjusting to a new baby is definetly overwhelming in and of itself. A week after he was born, my mom passed away after a long hard battle with cancer. We went up to Idaho to be with family and for the funeral. It was like being with two extremes. Being with my baby who was just starting his life and then being with my mom who had just ended hers.

Here is a picture of my amazing mother. I always thought she was very pretty. She was a great example to me of strength and courage and patience. She never complained and I never saw her get angry. I honestly could not have asked for a better mom and I was always so proud that she was my mom. She is very loved and I miss her everyday. I find comfort in the fact that I know that she is in a happier place now and that I will see her again someday.

One thing about a funeral is that you get to see a lot of family and friends that you haven't seen for a while. Here we are with a lot of the cousins from my moms side of the family.


Below are just some random pics from our house from the past month that I am finally getting around to posting.


This pic is a little blurry but this is how the boys looked when they came to visit me in the hospital. All the nurses and doctors smiled when they saw these two walking through the hospital. They kept looking at Logan and saying that he was too little to be a big brother.


Here is a pic of Carson working on his tan. :) He had jaundice so he had to go under the bili blanket for a couple of days.

Here is Carson at one week. His binki covers half of his face. We are just thrilled that he takes a binki since our other two never did.


Carson at 3 weeks old


Mommy and Carson


Daddy and Carson. I thought that was so funny how Carson fell asleep all sprauled out on his daddys tummy.


Carson chillin' on the couch


Our TLC. (Tyler, Logan, and Carson). I am really starting to feel out numbered by all these boys around here. I still can't believe that they are all mine. I don't feel old enough to have three kids and a mini van.


I can't hardly put Carson down because every time I do the other two boys are all over him. They are always wanting to hold him and give him kisses. Carson is still warming up to his loud, crazy brothers.


We also had some visitors come down to Phoenix

Rick got a new calling at church and had to be ordained to a high priest. His dad and brother Rob came out from back East to do the ordination. It was a quick trip, they were only here for the weekend but we were glad they could come. This is a pic of Rick with his dad.


So because we have had a new baby, a death in the family, and visitors come to our house, our lives have been pretty busy. Hopefully things will calm down a little bit now and we can try and get back to normal, whatever that is.



Keep scrolling down to see an update about Logan's 2nd Birthday!



12 comments:

Tanya said...

Your mom was beautiful!! Her funeral was amazing, You, Jill and Lisa did a great job! Carson is SO cute and tiny, hopefully he'll warm up to his brothers soon cause it looks like they won't even start to leave him alone.

Ashley said...

Collette I had heard about your mom, and I was very sorry to hear it. She was a beautiful wonderful person, and your turning out to be just like her. I am sure she is so very proud.
Your boys are darling. I just adore the 3 little guys you have, and I totally agree with the 3 kids and a minivan! hahaha!

Kris said...

Hi Collette!
I have so much fun watching your darling family grow! I am so sorry to hear about your mom.
Love Kristin

Linsey said...

I am so glad to see your post. I have been kind of worried, hoping everything was going ok. Your boys are so beautiful! I want to see them soon!! So maybe we will have to come see you guys one of these days!

Lisa said...

Congrats on Carson! He's completely adorable :) Sorry about your mom. Was she able to meet Carson? I hope you're doing well and enjoying ALL of your boys. We just got a minivan too...crazy!

Annie Bingham said...

I bet you are feeling so tired in every possible way (emotionally, physically, on and on). Just know I still keep thinking about you. On new babies...just remember...each phase actually passes pretty quickly. The up at nights, the spitting up a bucket.. it will pass. And mini vans are so cool, they are all the rave. Or I tell myself that so I feel cool. Love ya!

Grant and Teresa said...

Will and I love all the pictures! Will was so excited to see Logan and Tyler! It's only been a few weeks but we both definitely miss you guys! I miss our long chats and kids being able to play! If you ever have a few minutes between all three kids call me!

Kyle and Shara Gibson said...

Love You Collette! I am so sorry to hear about your mom! It is never easy. Your boys are absolutely adorable!! Hang in there!

Chance and Beth said...

What a beautiful family. Your mom was a very special woman.
I also can't believe that you are "old" enough to have 3 boys, or that your husband is "old" enough to be a high priest. You guys have been so busy. Hope this school year goes smoothly for you!

Trevan, Megan and Kaleigh! said...

Collette! So sorry to hear about your Mothers passing away. I hope you are doing okay. Congrats on Carson, he is sooooo cute! I love his name! You have a very cute family!

crystal carlson said...

Farmer, I am so sorry about your mom--I can't imagine how hard that is, especially right after having a baby. I hope that your doing well & know that I think about you often & wonder how you're doing. Your family is adorable--you sure are outnumbered though!

matt, bekah, jax said...

Your mom is beautiful, you two look alot alike. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!