Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving!

We had a really fun Thanksgiving! My family all came down to Phoenix this year. This was my first year hosting Thanksgiving and there is no way I could have pulled it off without my two sisters here to help me.

The three chefs for the big day.


Tyler and Abby giving a thumbs up while waiting for the turkey to cook. Tyler and Logan were sure excited that Abby and Ben were coming to their house. That is all they had been talking about for the past month.

Rick pulling the finished bird out of the oven.

Everyone eating Thanksgiving dinner. Rick set the timer and then ran back in. That is why he is front and center in the picture. The food all turned out great if I do say so myself.




We did a lot of fun things while they were here, including my first experience shopping on black friday. Wal-mart was crazy but actually ended up being pretty fun and we got a lot of good deals. I should have gotten a picture of us shopping but I didn't.


We played a lot of games.


Grandpa playing dominoes with the kids

Tyler, Logi, and Abby had been so ridiculously excited about having a sleepover together. They had been talking to each other on the phone about it weeks before and everything was planned for a great time. Little does everyone know that despite the smiles on their faces this sleepover only lasted about 15 mins before our guest, Abby, was crying and wanted to go back to the hotel with her mom and dad. I tried to be a fun aunt and make the party fun but I guess I failed. Her daddy came and got her. We will have to try again next time.


We went to the train park and rode the train

We also had a picnic while we were at the park. How often can you say you ate your Thanksgiving leftovers on a picnic? Love Phoenix weather in the winter time.


We went down to the Mesa temple to see all the Christmas Lights.


We rode the lightrail downtown and ate at the Spaghetti Factory for dinner one night. Here is a pic of me, my sister Jill and her son Ben.


Rick and Logi on the train

My dad with all his grandkids!


So not only was the great weather a selling point for having Thanksgiving in Phoenix this year but also the fact that the Arizona Cardinals had a monday night game the monday after Thanksgiving. Yes, I know the Cardinals stink this year but it is still so much fun to go to the games. It is a fun atmosphere and fun to say that you went.

They played the San Fransico 49ers.


The band "Lifehouse" did the halftime performance


Rick and I at the game. Go Cardinals!

As hard as we tried to get a group shot with all of us in it, it just didn't work out. I guess the multiple people we asked to take pictures for us just didn't understand the concept of making sure that you can see everybody in the picture before you push the button. :) Here is me, my sister Lisa, and my dad.

Overall it was such a great weekend. It went by so fast and we had such a great time. Thanks everyone for coming and thanks dad for making it all possible!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great time we had! Thanks to you and your family for hosting! Hope you are all feeling better, can't wait to see you at Christmas! Love you!

Ashley said...

Oh Collette how fun! What a great family you have, and so fun to have them with you for the Holidays. Your just so cute all the time, and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog all the time, they make me feel so good. Maybe we'll have to arrange marriages with one of our kids:)

Annie Bingham said...

Love the whole thing. And I am a hare jealous about the weather. Our trip to I.F. took us 4 hrs instead of 2. You look so cute.

holly said...

How fun! Love to see that your dad hopped on an airplane and got away from his crazy job. I too hosted my first Thanksgiving - doesn't it feel good to know that you can cook a turkey! Thanks for those pictures - cute kids.

Linsey said...

Oh my heck! I can't believe you were at that game! We were at that game too! Kay, now we have to get hockey tickets, only this time lets sit next to each other!

Chance and Beth said...

That looks like so much fun, and hosting is a lot of work! Way to go! What a fun visit!