Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tyler's 5th B-Day!

I officially have a five year old! Tyler's birthday finally came and now he can quit asking me when it is. :) He couldn't wait to have a transformer themed party and he was so excited to invite a few friends from his primary class. They played games, ate cake, opened presents, and finished with a pinata. The kids partied hard and had a great time.


The whole group enjoying the cake and ice cream. Logi loved being included with the big kids. Tyler even gave him an invitation to his party.

The birthday boy right after he blew out his candles. He was asked later what he wished for and he said "that we can be a family forever". Even I was surprised by his response. I guess he does listen to us sometimes. What a stud!

Opening Presents! (Tylers favorite part)


Rick was the brave one to hold the pinata while all the hyper kids were swinging the bat. Here is Tyler getting ready to take a whack at Optimus Prime


Logi taking a turn


Tylers actual birthday was a few days later and that is when he got to open his presents from family. The night before we told him that if he wanted to open his presents in the morning that he would have to get up really early because Rick leaves for Tucson at 6am. The next day when Rick got up at 5:30am Tyler was sitting on the couch next to his presents waiting for everyone else to get up. I wonder how long he had been sitting there!


Later that night we had pizza and I made him another cake. Here is a family shot with the birthday boy on his big day. We love you Tyler!

4 comments:

Linsey said...

What a cute family picture!! Don't kids just crack you up!

Grant and Teresa said...

I can't believe Tyler is 5 years old! I remember when I met you guys and he wasn't even old enough for nursery! It looks like it was a fun birthday! I wish we could have been there to celebrate his birthday with him! I love all the pictures of your adorable boys though! I hope the summer isn't too hot for you yet! Also I don't think I am going to make it to Utah this summer sadly, but if things change I'll let you know in case you are around! I miss you a ton!

crystal carlson said...

What cute kids! Looks like the birthday boy had a great time! I can't believe you have a 5-year-old though--CRAZY!

Charles Family said...

Such a cute sweet boy! I love his birthday wish!!! I can't believe you have a 5 year old. I remember having sleepovers at your house when we were 7 or 8. Time goes by too fast!