Sunday, November 30, 2008

My First Thanksgiving

This year was the first year that we spent Thanksgiving with just our little family. We didn't go anywhere because we will be going home to Idaho as soon as Ricks semester is over in a couple of weeks. So it was a quiet Thanksgiving but still fun. It was my first time cooking a turkey so I was kind of excited about that. Everything turned out pretty good except for the gravy. I have never been very good at making gravy. Oh well. Anyways we had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, yams, rolls, cranberry sauce, and a salad, and we have tons of leftovers. And by the way I also realized that Thanksgiving is a lot of work and not as fun when you are in charge of the whole meal. I guess now when I go somewhere for Thanksgiving I'll appreciate the dinner a lot more.
Here is a picture of the table right before we were ready to eat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Collette- looks like you did an awesome job for your first big Thanksgiving meal! I hope someday to be able to join you all for a holiday! Lots of you love to you and your little family! ~Vonnie

ajcurry said...

Looks like you guys had fun! The food looks great! Call me sometime this week. Also, sent the AZ pictures from the vacation! I'm still waiting!

crystal carlson said...

Way to go Collette! You did an awesome job--everything looked amazing! We definitely need to get together when you come home for the holidays!

Ashley said...

Awesome job Collette. I did my first Thanksgiving two years ago, and it is totally intimidating I think. Your looked great!

Trevan, Megan and Kaleigh! said...

Go-Collette! If you can cook your Thanksgiving meal alone, and it looks as good as yours does... it means you are a pro-cooker! I will have to come to you for pointers the day that I have to cook a Thanksgiving dinner all alone!

Jen and Cody said...

Way to go on the dinner, it looks delicious!