Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fun Friday!

I am not one to get up at the crack of dawn and go shopping on Black Friday, but we did go to Target later that day to see if we saw any great deals. We weren't that impressed. Maybe it was because we got there late and all the good deals were gone or maybe it was because we had no money to spend anyways so it would have basically had to be free for us to be impressed. Either way Tyler still had fun scoping out all the sales.
That night we wanted to do something fun for the holiday weekend so we decided to decorate our apartment for Christmas. We started out the night by ordering pizza for dinner. Tyler loves pizza! Then we hung some lights and Christmas decorations and we ended the night with what Tyler calls "MoooVeee Night" Movie Night consists of laying every blanket we own on the living room floor(literally about 25 blankets)and we all watch movies and sleep out there. It is Tylers favorite thing and everyday he asks me if we can have a movie night. We all had a good time, especially Tyler.


Pizza Party!

Rick hanging Christmas lights around our living room.


This is a picture of Tyler pretending to take a picture of a snowman decoration that we have. This little snowman became Tylers best friend. He just kept giving him hugs all night and sitting in front of him and telling him to smile while he took his picture.


Tyler was really excited about all the Christmas decorations. He just kept running around and talking non stop. Whatever he saw us doing he wanted to help. He imitates Everything. Here he is using his hammer to help hang up the stockings.


This is a picture of the famous "movie night". Even though Tyler doesn't look that excited in this picture, on the inside he is thrilled. He is just so into the movie nothing can distract him. Rick and I can't hardly keep our eyes open after the first 20 minutes of the movie but Tyler stays glued to the TV not wanting to miss any part of the movie. We are usually awakened by either Tyler jumping on us to tell us something exciting about the movie, or he wakes us up by turning on all the lights and playing noisily with his toys. Finally at about 1 am I couldn't take it anymore so I left and went and slept in our bed and at about 2 am I heard Rick reach his boiling point and sternly giving Tyler the ultimatum of either he laid down and went to sleep or else he was going to have to go sleep in his own bed. Well Tyler didn't want to have to leave the slumber party so he laid right down and 2 minutes later he was asleep. It was quite the night!


Of course I couldn't leave Logan out of this post. He missed movie night because he slept in his crib, but here he is enjoying it the next morning.







5 comments:

crystal carlson said...

I loved your movie night! That is such a good idea! I can't get over that you guys can still wear shorts there! It's freezing here! I guess that's one of the perks of living in Arizona!

Ashley said...

What a cute mother you are Collette! That sounds like so much fun. A lot of work, but loads of fun and memories. I might have to give it a try. We too did the pizza and decorating, but we ended with a movie, and then off to our own beds. I should be more brave sometime!

Trevan, Megan and Kaleigh! said...

Looks like a fun night at the Webster's! Kids are so fun! They make us act like kids again too uh? (Well, you guys always act like kids anyway!!! j.k) Your apartment looks nice and Christmassy!

Grant and Teresa said...

Tyler is so funny! I can totally hear Rick giving Tyler the ultimatum! That sounds like so much fun! It makes me excited for the day Grant and I can start doing things like that with Will.

Mother Goose said...

Very fun! Miss you guys. We need to get together soon.